Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 27th November 2023
By signing up for myAccount, you agree that:
- you will keep your registration details, username and password secure.
- you will tell us if any of the information we hold about you or your address is incorrect or incomplete.
- we may send you updates about your service requests, using the preferred contact details which you have provided.
- we may share your myAccount account details with other Derby City Council systems to complete a service request, for example, to verify who you are when using our Council Tax service, or so you can use our services.
- we may send you updates about any changes to your myAccount services.
- we may use your personal data within the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
- if you suspend your myAccount, we can stop sending you updates.
- if you delete your myAccount details, this will only delete your details in myAccount. Any records that have been created as a result of your service requests will be held in line with the Council's Data Retention Policies.
- your myAccount may be deleted if there is no activity on the account for a period of two years.
- actions or conduct that contravene these terms and conditions may mean accounts will be closed without notice.
- any deliberate attempt to gain access to information that you are not authorised to see may incur criminal penalties.
You can view the privacy notice relating to the use of the Council's Digital Services on our website.